A Helping Hand this Christmas
- Created on Thursday, 27 November 2014 21:06
- Written by Jo
The shops are abuzz with the sounds and displays of Christmas, your little ones are adding everything they see in adverts to their Santa list and family keep calling to see if you’ve decided what you’re doing for Christmas Day. You haven’t even started Christmas shopping yet, and with just under five weeks to go the stress of the season is building.
If this sounds familiar, then Premurosa is here to help. We’ve put together a week-by-week countdown to December 25 to try and take some of the chaos out of the festivities and add a bit of joy instead.
Five weeks to go
- Set aside an evening to make a start on the Christmas presents. First of all make a list of all the people who are to receive gifts and then set a budget for each one. Then get online to take advantage of many pre-Christmas offers.
- Write your Christmas cards and get the children to write their letter to Santa. The Royal Mail offer a free service - http://www.royalmail.com/letters-to-santa - where they’ll send a reply to any child who writes to Santa by December 6.
- Buy your advent calendar.
Four weeks to go
Wrap the gifts you have already purchased and spend some time buying a few more this week. Remember, at Premurosa our gifts already come packaged in a bespoke box and with a card so for friends and family who you won’t see at Christmas time they are the perfect way of showing you care. Gift boxes can be ordered now and we’ll post your gift so it arrives as close to your preferred delivery date as possible.
The fun bit. Buying the Christmas tree. Make a family outing of the event and then head home, stick some festive music on, make some mulled wine and enjoy the decorating.
Three weeks to go
- If you’re staying at home for Christmas then stock up on non-perishable Christmas food and drink. This way if friends pop over unexpectedly before Christmas Day you will have something to offer them.
- Visit a local Christmas Market where you may pick up some unusual gifts and take the children to see Santa at the same time.
- Buy and wrap more gifts!
Two weeks to go
Post your Christmas cards. The last posting date for UK Christmas mail is December 18 2nd Class and December 20 1st Class.
Finish buying and wrapping your gifts. Premurosa’s last posting dates for Christmas are Friday 19 December for 1st Class Standard and Monday 22 December for Next Day deliveries.
One week to go
- Buy all the food you need for the festivities.
- Plan your Christmas viewing.
- Have fun baking Christmas biscuits with the kids.